Cambridge Heartbeats is a Cambridgeshire Support Group set up for those fitted with an Implantable Cardioverter Defribrillator (ICD), or Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Defibrillator (CRT-D), and for their families and carers.
The Group is run by members who are living with an ICD and who feel they are in a position to support other patients and those close to them who may have individual concerns or worries. In turn we are supported by a wonderful cardiac team.
Meetings are held every 3 months, at varying locations, with knowledgeable speakers, discussion and refreshments.
Aims of Cambridge Heartbeats
- To support ICD/CRT-D users, their families and carers to understand their situation and cope with the way forward.
- To keep support group members updated with relevant information to assist with this support.
- To extend support via telephone and/or email where required.
- Communicate with appropriate health professionals.
- To provide talks on topics of interest or of benefit to its members in a social environment.
Patron: Dr Peter Pugh
Addenbrooke’s Chief Cardiac Physiologist: Kate Sanders
Chair: Lyn Whittock
Secretary: Fiona Hughes
Treasurer: Joe Osborne
Buddy Secretary: Hillary Linsey
Webmaster: Vacant – if you would like to help maintain our website, please get in touch!